Join us for the 2022 RunAbout Sports Mileage Challenge!
Join us in staying healthy and consistent! Run and/or walk 2,022 or 1,000 miles throughout the year and earn our mileage challenge shirt. Total daily steps do not count for this challenge. This is a free program and no need to sign up. You can report your mileage daily or weekly using the link below.
Upcoming Events and Races
2022 Children's Events | Presented by Adjust NRV - Bring the kids and join in good, healthy fun for the whole family! In conjunction with the 2022 RunAbout Race Series, the following are FREE* events and kids earn a finisher medal! A waiver needs to be signed at RunAbout Sports or on race day for each event. Blacksburg, VA
- February 12th - Blacksburg Classic Mile Fun Run
- March 19th - Lucky Leprechaun Dash (1k)
- Spring Healthy Kids Run (six weeks)
- * Youth Track & Field League (eight weeks; 75.00 fee)
- August 5th - Draper Mile Kids Dash
- Fall Healthy Kids Run (six weeks)
- Hokie Half Marathon Program – kids run ¼ mile segments and get to 12 miles over the course of five weeks; they run the last 1.1 miles at the Hokie Half Marathon; partnership with VT Rec Sports
- December 24th - Jingle Bell Mile
Wednesdays, 2022 | Fun Run Pub Runs - RunAbout Sports Pub Runs will take place every Wednesday all year at 6pm. Earn the 100 Mile shirt and fame with your picture on our wall when you accumulate 100 miles. 200 miles earns the 200 mile glass! Once in awhile, we also have Wednesday Hills where you earn 50 cents in store credit for every hill you do up to $5 per week, as well as periodic scavenger hunts for prizes. There is no cost so come join the fun! Blacksburg, VA
TBD | Mountain Lake Mountain Climb 6.5-Miler. 2022 RunAbout Race Series. Blacksburg, VA.
December 24, 2022 | 20th Annual Frosty 5k and Jingle Bell Mile. Tenth race in the 2022 RunAbout Race Series. Blacksburg, VA.
February 9, 2023 | 2022 RunAbout Race Series Runners Gala. Celebrate the participants and winners of last year's race series! All are welcome. Appetizers will be served at 5:30pm, and annual awards and recognitions will begin at 6pm. RunAbout Sports - Blacksburg, VA
COVID-19 UPDATE | We Are OPEN!
Like many of you, COVID-19 is impacting our normal way of life. As we strongly encourage EVERYONE in our community to take preventative measures and guidance seriously, and practice social distancing in all that you do, we remain ready to help each of you stay active during this difficult time...just in virtual ways!
The store is OPEN Monday through Saturday 11am to 6pm and Sunday 12 to 4pm. We are EXCITED to be open! We appreciate all of your support, it means more than you will ever know. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! A few things:
1) If you have been sick in the last 14 days please do not enter the store. We offer free home delivery to your door.
2) For the safety of our customers and staff, face masks will be required to enter the store. If you forgot or don’t have one, we will provide one for you (they are taped to the door, so grab one prior to entering).
3) Our seating areas have been split into three separate parts of the store to maintain social distancing.
4) Please do your best to stay 6 feet apart from others.
5) Hand sanitizer bottles are all over the store, please use them especially upon entering and leaving.
6) If you are not comfortable coming into the store we can help you outside, by phone, or you can fill out our online form. All home deliveries and mail deliveries are free
ONLINE ORDERING: Visit our shopping tab here or call the store. We are offering free in-store or curbside pick up for any orders, and free shipping on online orders over $75. For curbside service, call the store when you arrive and one of the store employees will bring your order out to you! If you have any issues, call us back.
We would like to THANK all of our doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals, our grocery store workers and gas station employees, and our police and firefighters for all they do for our community. Please take care of one another, especially our elderly, and let’s do our best to get through this.
Thank you all for your support. THANK YOU!