Current employment opportunities with RunAbout Sports are listed below. Interested candidates should fill out the application found here and submit via email to email@example.com, or in person at RunAbout Sports.
Position: Sales Associate
Description: RunAbout Sports is hiring a motivated Sales Associate! Above all else, RunAbout Sports takes pride in our customer service. We are seeking an enthusiastic people person who will make a positive addition to our customer oriented team. Associates must make customers feel welcome, inform them of services we provide, and explain technical details in an orderly manner that is easy to comprehend.
RunAbout Sports is a specialty running store that provides gait analyses for free. It is our responsibility to assist customers in purchasing a shoe that is right for their foot type and activity. Hired associates will undergo gait analysis training and be required to pass a short test of proficiency. Our customers deserve the best, and we want to give them the best!
Associates should have a passion for running and exercise, and a drive to inspire others! RunAbout Sports’ main mission is to create a healthier community that enjoys exercising. We are involved in numerous community exercise programs including: Carilion Clinic Race Series, Youth Track League, High Performance Distance Academy, Healthy Kids Runs, Pub Runs, All-Comers Track Meets, and various others. RunAbout Sports also sponsors local athletic events often. From time to time, Associates will be required to assist with these events in various ways, and try to make them stellar!
- Must have impeccable customer service and attitude!
- Daily retail sales and retail upkeep
- Gait analysis training and implementation
- Local event management and assistance
- Maintain a passion for promoting a healthier community
- High School graduate
- Basic knowledge of running as a sport
- Must have flexible schedule – i.e. willing to work weekends, minor holidays etc.
- Positive attitude
- Able to socialize
- Starting pay of $9/hr
- Increases to $10/hr after completion of gait analysis training and proficiency test
- Life Insurance